Fortnite Marigold Demi Short Story

by - October 08, 2020

Fortnite Marigold Demi Short Story

Girl (Marigold)

Oh, Dad, I don't feel so good. 

Fortnite Marigold Midas Short Story

Dad (Marigold's Dad)

No, no, not like this, marigold.....................


Girl

dad. I love. 


Dad

Marigold, this is for you.

Girl

Hello. 


Girl

What do I do, own the guy, get in there, but if I try to break him out, everything I've built here will be thrown out the window and who knows if it will make things worse?


Girl

Well, he seems happy, but that's because they're lying to him. And I guess I'm lying to him, too.


Girl

You're right.


Girl

I should try and contact his dad again. Maybe we can arrange a prison break without my involvement becoming known. Come on. Come on.


Girl

All their muscles.


Girl

Thank God I give responses himself. Congratulations. Unfortunately, I can't come to the phone right now, so please leave a message after the beep. Beep. Oh, oh. Stupid machine.


Girl

Mansell's is Jewelz. Please call me back. It's about kids.


Girl

It's important, huh. How could he be. No offense, but I'm not sure how much help you'd be on and there's no way I can do it alone. 


A sound

Marigold


Girl

No, not now, 


A sound

Marigold. 


Girl

Oh, my. What is this place? What's going on? 


A Guy

Oh, hey, you're finally awake, 


Girl

Staback, who are you?


A Guy

 Hey, relax, you've been through a lot, but I'm a friend. My name's Meowscles. What's yours? 


Girl

I don't remember.


A Guy

Just let me think first. Why am I here?


My friends and I brought you here after you passed out in front of us. You've been out cold for a week. We put you in the sun because you seem to like it 


Girl

a week now. It feels more than that. Uh, I guess I owe you my thanks then. Me also's, was it?


Girl

 You got it.So you don't remember anything, huh? Mitosis flood must have hit your noggin hard.


Girl

Midas, touch my head. 


A Guy

Whoa, whoa. Hold on. Let me grab a remedy. She can take another look at you.


Girl

No, no. I have to get out of here. I'm sorry. 


A Guy

Hey wait. That's my boat.


A Guy

I hope she'll be all right. 


Music

It's not easy to please you and your ego. 


Dad

What happened to this place, all of this destruction caused by one man, Midas Marigold plays at this work.


Girl

Wait, Dad. No, no, no. Is this all my fault? It can't be. he wouldn't.


Dad

This is for you. 


Other Girl (Demi)

What's happening to me? What is this? No. 


Girl

Did I do that? No, no, it can't be. 


Other Girl

You're a difficult woman to track down, huh? 


Girl

Who are you?



I'm Demi, and right now I'm the only one you can trust. 


Girl

And why is that? 


Other Girl

Because I know who you really are. Marigold Marigold.



How do you know my name? What are you after?


Other Girl

Because, dear girl, I am your cousin and you and I are now the only members left of this wretched bloodline.


Girl

Cousins. So you knew my father. Tell me. Is it true? Was he responsible for all of this? 


Other Girl

Yes, but it was a group effort.


Other Girl

My own father, your uncle, helped him to achieve his goals and voluntarily. But still without him, this might not have happened.


Girl

Achieve white goals? Exactly. From what I can tell, he just destroyed hundreds of people's lives. Why?


Other Girl

Why indeed. Come. There's much to discuss and we don't want to be found anywhere near that.


Girl

Demi, what's happening to me?


Other Girl

I'll explain when we get home. 


Other Girl

Whole. 


Girl

Here we are, my father's compound, you'll be safe here. 


Girl

It's all very impressive, but how can you tell me what's really going on?



I only know as much as my father told me, along with some independent research, but I might be able to fit the pieces together for you. 


Girl

Please.


Girl

Anything you can tell me will be a big help. The last thing I remember was my dad coming home after a treasure hunt. He looked different, changed.


Other Girl

I imagine he wound up. He was given a gift or a curse, as he would put it.


Other Girl

Anything he touched would turn to gold, including you.


Girl

So I was stuck like that for how long? 


Other Girl

Years. All the while, Midas built his empire, his ego.


Other Girl

He betrayed, backstabbed and ultimately killed anyone who would deny him his end goal, 


Other Girl

which was 


Girl

saving you.


Other Girl

And in the end, it looks like he succeeded.


Girl

I never asked for any of this.


Other Girl

Our fathers were not interested in our whims, our desires. At least yours genuinely cared about you, as far as I can tell when the time came. Mine used me as a tool and watched as I got brushed aside.


Girl

I'm sorry, Demi. 


Other Girl

Don't be.


Other Girl

After all, I had the last laugh. I inherited all of this and now I'm going to use it all to help you. 


Girl

Thank you.


Girl

It's good to know at least one member of my family is a good person.


Other Girl

No, sweetie, I'm far from that. I just have a soft spot for broken things like yourself.


Girl

My father passed his curse on to me somehow. Do you think you can cure it? 


Other Girl

Perhaps.


Other Girl

For many years my father devoted all of his time, his brilliant mind, into trying to emulate the golden touch.


Girl

He never succeeded. However, there was a backup plan. If he could not have the touch for himself, he would learn a way to protect himself from it.


Girl

And did he


Other Girl

 impartially, when he came into contact with your father, his developed technology and his suit protected his person.


Other Girl

But my but he didn't account for the full two hundred pounds of gold armour plunging directly on top of your chest cavity, shattering every bone in your torso. What a way to go. 


Girl

Good. 


Other Girl

I know.


Other Girl

Which is why I have since made some adjustments to the technology. It should be enough to protect yourself and others from that gift of yours.


Girl

You did this yourself.


Other Girl

Of course I have experience after all, as you can tell by the arm. Now I'm going to show you the ropes, Marigold.


Other Girl

Maybe someday you can tweak the tech yourself even further. Develop a true cure. For now, though, my gloves will suffice.


Girl

Gloves. 


Other Girl

Here we are, Marigold. 


Girl

What is this place, 


Girl

your new workshop I think it's time for the baby bird to spread her wings and fly.


Girl

This is all mine. 


Other Girl

Mm hmm. You've come a long way. It's fully stocked. So you can get to work right away. 


Girl

Right.


Girl

Work. Hopefully the authority will take me in.


Other Girl

They will. Once they see your handiwork, they'd be fools not to. But that's why you need your space independent of me. I don't have the best history with that.


Girl

Thanks for everything, Demi. I don't know where I'd be without you. 


Other Girl

Of course, Marigold. Oh, that reminds me. If I knew your name was connected to Midas, there's a good chance Chaos agent and his cronies would too.


Girl

So what do I do? Change my name. 



That's what I do. Besides, it's time for you to start living for yourself.


You May Also Like

0 Reviews